Sunday, September 7, 2014

Children's Festival at the Britt

The sweet ladies at the Ashland Visitor's Center told me about the Jackson County Library Children's Festival. They weren't sure if it had already concluded for this summer but urged me to look online to see the dates. They told me about it on Sunday and its last day was Monday, so Leila and I knew exactly how we would spend our Monday. We drove out to Jacksonville and followed the crowds to The Britt - a hillside outdoor stage venue. The Children's Festival was AMAZING! It cost us 3 dollars apiece for entry but then EVERYTHING else was free! We roamed the entire hillside crafting, drawing, creating and building along the way! We can't wait to go back again. I was amazed at the organization, volunteers and supplies that it took to make this event happen and yet we only paid $3. WOW!



Handprint in plaster. 

Panning for gold ~ well trinkets...but the kids got to keep what they found. 

There was a huge pile of lumber pieces available to build with. Leila and I made a three walled house for her lalaloopsey dolls. 


When we got back to our place, she changed her mind and used it as a theater instead. 
There were many other crafts that I didn't take pictures of. Like I said, we are looking forward to next year's Children's Festival and we are so thankful that those sweet ladies knew to send us there! 

No comments: