Monday, September 15, 2014

Crater Lake

 Chris had ALL of Sunday the 27th off! Mom and Jim were leaving for home that evening so we all headed northeast to visit Crater Lake. It is gorgeous! Even with cloudy weather it was a site to see...I can only imagine how beautiful it is with a blue sky reflecting in the deep waters. Amazing! 





  
I'm pretty sure I took pictures of Mom and Jim, but I don't think I ever used my own camera! I don't have any of them on my computer, but I promise you they were there too! 

Leila completed her junior ranger booklet to earn another Jr. Ranger Badge! Grammy, Granddad, Mom and Dad all helped her finish the required 7 of 11 pages in the booklet. She was so excited! 

Mom and Jim left for home (they still had quite the drive to Portland) and the three of us stayed to do a little hiking. We hiked through the meadow and over some creeks. All around the base of this rock Leila is sitting on is the creek. 



On our way home to Ashland, we stopped to see the upper Rogue River winding its way through the canyons. These pictures really don't convey the strength and beauty of this viewpoint. 


We were all wiped out, but only one of us got to sleep on the way home. 





No comments: