Saturday, September 6, 2014

Garden de Tavernas

 The past two years I've toyed with the idea of having fruit and vegetable gardens. Chris has been ready to make me raised gardens a couple of times each year and then I change my mind. Well, this summer we finally did it! We cleared a space in the corner of our backyard and set to work. Our yard recycle bins were stuffed full with grass clippings, so we had to take a trip to the yard waste recycling center at the dump. It always blows me away that the absolute best view of Mt. Rainier can be found at the dump! 

After the space was ready, we hit Home Depot for soil, lumber, seeds and some starter plants. 

My master builders taking a break. 

Leila couldn't believe how much fun it was picking out food to grow and deciding where to plant it. "We are farmers, Mom!" Well, not quite honey, but I'm glad you are tickled about gardening.


Our gardens:
This picture was just the start. I planted more plants in the empty spaces the following morning. Then we had to wait patiently...

No comments: