Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Independence Day!



We celebrated the 4th of July at our house...just like usual. Both sets of grandparents came over for the day. We had the traditional 4th foods, burgers, hotdogs, macaroni salad, corn on the cob and of course S'MORES! I had spent the week leading up to the 4th making some Pinterested-inspired decorations, so when the 4th actually arrived, I was hoping Leila would indulge me in a little photo shoot. Thank goodness she is easily bribed and let me snap a few pictures. 






Rudy came outside to join us. He did not want to go inside.


Mike took this picture of Rudy. I love his whiskers in this shot.












This is my favorite candid of the evening. Aren't those the faces of confidence?!?!



Some of those decorations I was talking about...and Leila's shirt too. 




These cookies are the best! Sugar cookies, vanilla frosting and fruit!!! 



Thanks to Mike, Leila was able to enjoy sparklers this year...and me too. Sparklers have always scared Leila and me, but Mike read on-line to cut a hole in a solo cup and use it as a hilt for the sparkler. Brilliant! 



Happy birthday, America! 








No comments: