Thursday, December 23, 2010

Aunt Doris


Last week my family lost someone very dear to us, our great Aunt Doris. She was 87-years-old, so she had lived a long and happy life, but I will miss her. It makes it easier knowing that she was reunited with my Uncle John.

As a kid, I used to love to spend time at my great Aunt Doris's house. Her and my Uncle John, always had crafts for my brother and me to do. They had a ceramics studio in their basement and we were encouraged to pick out and paint anything we wanted. We came home with wonderful pieces of art every visit. My Aunt was an amazing crafter, seamstress, knitter...just about any type of handiwork was her forte. Because of this, we are blessed to have many things to treasure. Things that will always remind us of her love for each of us. We will miss you Aunt Doris, but know we will meet again.

Playing on the bedspread that Aunt Doris made for my brother, Jon. For Leila's first birthday, Aunt Doris made her an exact copy...fitting since Jon and Leila share the same birthday.
Aunt Doris, Jonny, me and Uncle John
Leila and Aunt Doris looking at some doll clothes that Doris had made.
Doris A. Tancre Ball
October 31, 1923-December 14, 2010

No comments: