Monday, August 24, 2009

Leila's Little Einsteins Party

Saturday we celebrated Leila turning two and my brother, Jon turning 29. We invited our WHOLE family. Everyone who knows Leila, knows how much she adores the Little Einsteins from the Disney Channel. So, when it came time to choose a theme for her party, it was rather obvious. We invited a smaller group of people this time in comparison to her first b-day. Just family, but even then there were about 14 people in our house. The evening was fantastic! Tasty food, loved ones, my baby brother and an adorable TWO-YEAR-OLD.

Every Einsteins b-day party needs a Rocket cake! Thanks to internet inspiration and some frosting tips from a friend, I think Rocket looks pretty darn good! I had a lot of fun making him and was so excited to see Leila's reaction.

The birthday loot was piling up for the two Aug. 20th Leos.
Photo timelines...Jon's on the right, Leila's on the left.
Eating corn from the cob for the first time. Prior to this, we always had to shave it off.
Playing "Elefun" with some of the Taverns.

My family - Dad, me, Jonny and Mom.
We had to move the party inside...it got pretty chilly outside.
Cake time!

I don't understand this, but my brother doesn't like cake. So, he got a huge bowl of rocky road ice-cream with a Rocket figure on top. You can't see his candles, but yes, they are showing the number right before 30!

I LOVE this picture of Leila and her Uncle Nonny.
That evening, after most of the folks had gone home, Chris busted out the wii. My Dad had never played before. I didn't get pictures of my Mom, but she played too. Too funny watching them!


Sunday afternoon I had Leila sit down for lunch. While she was eating, I was at the kitchen sink trying to put things back in order after the party. She was talking away for the the first part. Then all of a sudden, she got really quiet. I turned to see this.
She was bobbing her head and fighting to stay awake. She was exhausted from all the partying. Hey, turning two is rough!

No comments: