Saturday, September 5, 2009

Farewell to Summer

This past Monday, we drove out to Brown's Point for a picnic. We wanted to spend our last evening of the summer together and since the weather was beautiful, we decided on a picnic. We grabbed some Subway sandwiches and motored to the water.

Leila enjoying some Cheetos. She discovered them this summer at a pool party.



Leila and Daddy checking out the water. There were MANY fisherman hanging out on the shore. We saw probably 10 catches in the two hours we were there. The fisherman in the background of this shot is truly hanging out....I thought about cropping him out, BUTT is CRACKS me up, so I left it.

This seal pup came right on the shore in the midst of all the fishing poles. He was not afraid one bit! I think his back flipper was injured. I am not even zoomed in on these shots. He might have even let us pet him, if we had tried.




Running down the hillside of the park.






It was the perfect way to say good-bye to a WONDERFUL summer.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Beautiful photos! You guys had amazing weather. I miss the water!!