Monday, April 15, 2013

Teacher of the Year!

Chris was selected to be Puyallup School District's Secondary Teacher of the Year! There was a group of students that nominated him and by late March he had been selected...only he didn't know ANYTHING about it!! I had heard rumors of the possibility and had asked his wonderful principal, Brian, if he would keep me in the loop in the event that he was going to receive it. Thankfully, he did and with the help of my amazing principal, Steve, both Leila and I were able to be at ERHS to see him receive the news!!
Leila, Steve and I were hiding out in the hallway so I didn't hear much of how the surprise was announced, but here is his reaction when Chris found out the superintendent was at the staff meeting to rave about the wonderful things that Chris does in his classroom and with the theatre department. Unexpected staff meetings are never a good thing and Chris told me later that he thought ER was getting news that their principal was being sent elsewhere. Thank goodness this unexpected staff meeting did not bring disappointing news! 

Dr. Yeomans congratulating Chris on his well-deserved recognition. 



 This is the point in the celebration when we got to come in! I think he was pretty darn surprised that we were up so EARLY and that we had kept the secret!!




Lara, Brian, Chris, Dr. Yeomans, Vince and Karey (ERHS's admin staff and PSD's chief academic officer)


Brian, me, Leila, TEACHER OF THE YEAR, and Dr. Yeomans

Way to go, Babe! I am so proud of you! Chris will be officially recognized at the upcoming school board meeting on April 22nd, so beware! I will be posting again about my amazing hubby!!

No comments: