Friday, March 22, 2013

Leila's Got Mail


I found this sweet, little mailbox in the Target dollar bin section. Not having 100 percent decided what I would do with it, it seemed too cute to pass up. Leila wasn't with me, so it ended up being a perfect surprise for Valentine's Day. I decided to fill it each night, for 14 nights, beginning on February 1st. A little Valentine's Day advent. I cut out 14 hearts from left over scrapbook paper, told Chris to take 7 of the hearts and write something that he loved about our Leila on each heart. I did the same on the other 7 hearts. Then each morning Leila had one heart, either from Dad or me, to read and one Disney princess chocolate to eat. She loved waking up to the daily love notes! We taped them in the hallway right outside her door. They are still there today, with the exception of two. Her two favorite notes are taped on her bedroom wall right above her bed. 


No comments: