Saturday, March 16, 2013

Daddy ~ Daughter Dance

 A friend of mine at work has mentioned over the year how much fun her husband and daughter have each February at the Daddy~Daughter Dance. This year, I surprised Chris and Leila with tickets for the event, which was happening the Saturday before Valentine's Day. Chris was right in the middle of building the set for the musical, but he was able to take a few hours off and meet us at the hotel where the dance was being held. I took a few pictures, gave hugs and kisses and then I was kicked out. They were so excited! Leila and I had gone shopping for a special dress and she chose a twirly skirted, multicolored heart dress. She couldn't wait to wear it!! I stuck close to the hotel and killed time at the mall until 6:00pm when it was over. They both came out with huge smiles. I took Leila home and Chris went back to school to work for a bit longer. The whole car ride home, Leila was bubbling about all the songs, dances, dresses, candy, balloons and being with her Daddy. They both have already decided that next year's dance is a MUST. In fact, Leila is already talking about what dress she will wear.


I know they are mine, but they must have been the cutest two people there!!!!! Leila is so lucky, as she had the best date....he is a super dancer. Believe me. I know...I used to be his date before I was replaced by a 5-year-old.



This was their official picture from the dance's photographers. So precious!






No comments: