Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Goodest Daddy

 If you aren't interested in reading about how proud I am of my husband, than you had better stop here. Consider that your warning. I truly do not know how I came to be so lucky almost 16 years ago when we started dating. This summer will mark 12 years of marriage and I still feel blessed to have Christopher for my hubby. Over the years, I have seen the countless acts of service he does for others, witnessed his compassionate heart, watched as he became a remarkable father and have shared many laughs together as best friends. I have known for many years how truly special Christopher is, but there is something extra special in having others see Chris in the same light. Recently, he has had two honors sent his way that just go to show that he not only is a fabulous husband and father, but an outstanding educator as well. Our college, Pacific Lutheran University, has chosen him as an Alumni of Distinction because of his outstanding contributions to the field of education. I think anyone that has seen a show he has directed would easily be able to tell you why this honor belongs to Chris. In addition to that award, Chris received a letter from the American Association of University Women stating that two of his students have named him as a "person who has been a supportive and encouraging mentor during her academic years". I think his students would agree that there is something unique about Chris. He builds amazing relationships with his kids, goes the extra mile to make a difference, dedicates an incredible amount of hours and does it all with a smile. I am so proud of him! Congratulations, Babe!

PS ~ Leila is sitting here watching me type. I asked what I should title the page. I took her suggestion...it seemed appropriate. 

No comments: