Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sailing the Columbia

Can you even believe this??!!? Jon and Amanda own a sailboat! That just sounds crazy to me! This last weekend we celebrated Mom's birthday in Portland and spent Saturday on the Columbia River in their new boat. Gorgeous, gorgeous weather! Too hot while the crew prepared the boat in the dock's parking lot, but refreshing when we finally set sail! I enjoyed almost every minute of the adventure. There were several wind gusts that were a little too strong for my liking, sending the boat at what I consider to be unnatural angles, but my Mom and I seemed to be the only ones concerned. I guess I am just not used to sailing yet. Anyway...what a great day! Jon, Amanda and Chris were an amazing crew and kept us afloat the entire day.

Amanda stocking the sailboat prior to heading for the dock.
Jon and Amanda's new house....just minutes from the river and the airport (perfect for Jon's job).
Leila and Uncle Jonny

Leila wants nobody else when Amanda is around!


The Captain



We stopped midday at Government Island for a swim. Notice the air tower and the Portland airport in the background.


We can't have Jon and Chris together without taking some crazy picture:

This is really hard to see, but Jon and Amanda are standing in front of THIER BOAT here!




Leila took her afternoon in the cabin.

While the rest of unpacked the boat, Leila and Grammy played on the beach.

No comments: