Friday, April 8, 2011

Portland Zoo

As part of our spring vacation week, we spent some time in Portland with my family. One of the days, we headed out to the Portland Zoo. I haven't been there since a kid. In fact, I think the last time I went was in 3rd grade on a school field trip. I can't even remember it enough to know if it has changed, although I am sure it has! My favorite part: the giraffe. I love that they have giraffes!!! I wish Pt. Defiance had them too. Anyway, we braved the dark clouds and rain showers, bundled up from head to toe and met our good friend Daniel and his daughter, Johanna, for a day with the animals.

As always, the otters are so entertaining!

Daniel, Jojo, me, Christopher, Leila and Grandad
Grammy and Grandad
The girls, minus my Mom. You could never get a shot of all the girls, I mean who else knows how to work the camera except the moms?
R-A-M-S...rams, rams!

Mom loves those mice!


Lunch break in the cafe. My Mom bought the girls there own monkey mugs.

Dads and daughters:
Cutest potato sacks I know.
Cheesy Daniel says as I get ready to take this picture, "Daniel in the lion's den, right?".


We can't wait to go back when we visit Grammy and Grandad again...hopefully we won't need our gloves and hats though.

No comments: