Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ten Years of Marriage

TEN years ago on July 22nd, Chris and I were married! Our wedding day was exactly what we had hoped! I know it is cliche, but I married my best friend and couldn't be happier. He is my calm when I am frazzled, my randomness when I am too concrete, my clear-thinker when I am emotional and my support when I am wobbling. I am blessed!

To celebrate, we stayed the night in the Huntington Beach Hilton. Chris's family gifted us the stay as our anniversary gift. Thank you! We had dinner at a fabulous restaurant, Bistango.
In the lobby of our hotel:
In ten years of marriage (wow, that sounds like a lot!) we have learned quite a bit. Last week, we traveled to Seattle and were stuck in terrible traffic. While we were waiting, we started talking about some lessons we have learned about living with someone else for so many years.

The Taverns' Tips of Marriage:
*When you are engaged, WE means the two of you. When you are married, WE means the husband. (i.e. WE should clean the cat box. WE should mow the lawn. etc...)
*Being married the longest doesn't guarantee that you will be able to stand by each other in a family photo.
*"I'm fine!" means exactly the opposite. Someone is not happy.
*Eight words that send shivers down Chris's spine: "I think I did something to the computer."
*On that note, make sure one half of the couple has good tech karma.
*Laundry CAN be completed without reading every word on the tags. 15 piles is too many. Although it does provide great laughs to see your husband buried among the dirty clothes intent on reading the labels.
*Food is shared. Bank account is shared. Bed is shared. Cars are shared. Books are not.
*When helping decide a dinner entree, ALL options must be heard...even if the first choice is absolutely what you want.
*Keeping the butter dish stocked can be challenging to half of the couple.
That completes our list...for now...

Now a stroll down memory lane...
On our wedding day: The dapper groom!
The blushing bride:
Our "First Look" on the big day.
Dancing the fox trot to I Got the World on the String.
Our 5 year anniversary. We spent it in Rome, Italy. Behind us is the Vatican. Amazing memories!! Can't wait to see what the next ten years bring us!

3 comments:

DelaneyVincent said...

Congratulations on 10 years of marriage.

etav said...

Thanks, Adam!

etav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.