Sunday, September 6, 2015

Little House Birthday Party


Leila's 8th birthday was so much fun! We had a Little House on the Prairie Party. The guests came dressed for the prairie and they could not have looked any cuter! Honestly, it's the birthday party I have always wanted...for myself! 

I made enough bonnets for each of the girls to take a bonnet home with them. The boys were given a bandana. Chris and Leila rigged up a wash line full of bonnets and bandanas to greet guests when they arrived. 
 
We started the party activities with coloring. We had paper dolls for the kids to create and a Laura Ingalls coloring page. 

Then we headed outside to make some cookies. I had remade pie crusts. The kids used cookie cutters, sprinkled sugar and cinnamon over the shapes and then enjoyed their warm pie crust cookies after we baked them. Yum! 
 
Christopher, the grandmas and my friend, Erin, manned the oven. 

The snack table: pretzel sticks, red apples, scones with jam and the kids' pie crust cookies. 


I taught the kids how to play Pick-Up Sticks. 

And then the kids learned Marbles! I loved watching them learn this game! 






It was such a fun day! 

No comments: