Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Christmas Eve ~ Part 3

 I guess I should have combined all our Christmas Eve activities into one post, but I forgot how much we did that day until I started typing. After we got home from Mike and Shawn's, we had dinner and then decided to make krumkake using my friend's old-fashioned, stovetop iron. It took a couple cookies until we got the hang of it. Leila helped for a bit and then took a bath. 
 They might have been a tad too thick, but they tasted wonderful! The stovetop iron was a lot of fun, but also took quite some time time to finish all the batter. I'm thinking I need to look for an electric one! 


Finally, after making Santa's plate of cookies, it was time for bed. Chris and Leila tracked Santa's whereabouts all evening and Leila was anxious to get to bed before he made his way to our house. We read The Night Before Christmas and went to bed, awaiting the next morning. 
                                       

No comments: