Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Tree Shopping...and MORE


On Black Friday, instead of joining the crazies, the Taverns headed to the tree farm. We walked in the gates right at opening and were the first folks to purchase a tree from good 'ole Jo-El Tree Farm. The owner hadn't even plugged in the cash register for the season yet! We had an agenda though and the first step of the plan was to get a tree early! 

 The driving force behind the early outing for our tree was the fact that we were heading to Honda, as soon as we dropped our tree off, to BUY A NEW CAR!! It is very fitting that my CRV's last duty would be to bring the Christmas tree home given how much I love the Christmas season!


As excited as I was to buy a new car, I have LOVED my CRV. I have a strong emotional tie to my car...Chris totally, 100 percent surprised me in 2004 when I graduated with my masters degree by buying this car for me. He had it parked in PLU's parking lot and after graduation, I walked out to find the car that we had been dreaming about and then was handed the keys. It had been such a fabulous family car that we knew we wanted a new CRV when the time came to finally purchase a new vehicle. Well, that time came on Black Friday. 



 Here's our NEW CRV! It is dark brown - kona coffee - to be exact. It looks black in photos, but in real life you can see the brown. We LOVE it! 

Our tree got decorated that night too! Leila was a huge help this year and really enjoyed unwrapping all the ornaments. 

No comments: