Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pierce County Fair


Last summer my friend and her daughters entered a few items in the Pierce County Fair and since then I have really wanted to do the same. Thanks to Sarah, we were able to. I entered a dress I made for Leila and three photos. Leila entered a photo, a Lego creation, and a beaded necklace. Together we baked  "chip chops" for the parent/child cookie contest (we got a red ribbon for our cookies and were judged down one ribbon color because I forgot to include the recipe). Oops! Next year!! 


We went to see our entries and enjoy the fair the second weekend in August with Gramma and Papa too. Leila kept calling it the Grand Fair (it is really the Pierce County Fair, but I call it the Graham Fair since that is where it is held...she apparently kept hearing the GRAND Fair). 




We weren't there five minutes and we ran into some long time family friends of Chris's family. They had their granddaughter, Austyn, with them. Leila and Austyn chummed around the fire safety area together for a long time. 

 And rode some rides together too. 



Then we went to see how all our entries faired...





In the home economics building there was a station where kids could stuff and sew a fabric animal. Leila made a cat. 



This is Leila's photo...taken during our Disneyland trip in July. 


 Papa Mike noticed a booth where kids could pan for either gems or fossils. It was so much fun!! 




I had such a fun time entering items into the fair. It seems silly how excited I was, but there was something new and special about it. I can't wait for next year! Leila's Legos are now in the BIG Puyallup Fair (no, I won't call it the WA State Fair!!). 

No comments: