Sunday, March 18, 2012

Maiden Voyage

We lucked out Sunday morning with a small patch of dry weather...just enough for Leila to spend 20 minutes on her brand new bike! She was thrilled! It was a big moment...for all of us. I got a little choked up watching her peddle back and forth down the ally behind our house. She truly is not a baby anymore and while I love watching her grow, it is a little bittersweet at the same time. Her smile was ear to ear though and she kept saying, "I'm doing it!" and "Look, I'm a big girl now!"
You are a big girl, Leila! Daddy and I love you!!






We were only inside about 10 minutes and it started hailing!

And PS - She's gotta get better at watching the road and not her feet or peddles or looking over her shoulder etc....if she doesn't, I am not gonna be the one in the car when she is learning to drive in 12 years!

No comments: