Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Star Wars in Seattle

Living with two Star Wars geeks, I knew we would be venturing to Seattle to see the traveling SW exhibit as soon as I heard it existed. We were all excited and the exhibit did not disappoint! There were so many costumes, props, posters, vehicles and droids to see...it was pretty impressive. We spent the first hour and a half walking through the exhibit and ended our time with a ride on the Millennium Falcon simulator!

Luke's landspeeder...and yes, I do know all of this stuff. That what comes with marrying a Star Wars fan. I'll take it though. :0)
Millenium Falcon used in the galaxy shots of the movies.
My favorite guy - Han Solo - and Chewie.


Listening to the audio tour of the Yoda display.

My Tatooine moisture farm architects.
Chris and his favorite - Obi Wan Kenobi.
Leila got to build her own hover craft vehicle.

Leila's favorite...at least for the time being.

"Return of the Jedi! My favorite! It matches my shirt!!" I didn't even have to coax a smile out of her for this one.


Building an R2 unit.

The girls with Princess Leia.

After the exhibit, we copped a spot for a snack break.


Just wasting time until we could board the Falcon. I tried to convince L to add her shoes to the picture, but she was busy snacking.
Weed and her new baby Chewie.
Inside the Falcon. Very fun! The colors were all weird on this, so it looks better in black and white.
We actually, by chance, got the front seats!
We ended the afternoon with some time in the Tot Area at the Science Museum. Leila had a great time climbing, playing instruments and soaking herself in the water table.



If you know someone who loves Star Wars, it is worth the drive to the Science Center in Seattle! Leila fell asleep humming the Star Wars theme song this evening. Her Dad couldn't be any prouder!!!

2 comments:

DelaneyVincent said...

Fun Times... We went and saw the exhibit in Boston a couple of years ago.. May the force be with you...

etav said...

Yeah, I thought it was well done. We didn't really get to stop for very long at any one piece of it considering we had Leila with us, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. MTFBWY too!