Friday, October 1, 2010

Art and Clay

My girlfriend, Cynda, and I have been trying to get together for a LONG time to do some ceramics. After her first daughter was born, she made a "birth plate" with all the birth stats. I always loved the idea and hoped to make one for Leila. Well, after a failed attempt during the summer (the owner of a store in Tacoma was like 125 years-old and didn't understand what we were wanting to do) we finally found a studio in Lakewood. The Art and Clay Studio is so much fun! We spent a Saturday afternoon making our masterpieces.
Here is my finished product...nothing fancy, but I like it.
When I went to pick it up last week, I had Leila with me. She was SO excited to do some painting that I let her pick out something to do for Daddy's birthday. I can't wait to see Chris's reaction when he opens her gift tomorrow.

We will definitely be heading back in the near future!

No comments: